Ever wonder what your shoes tell about your personality?
Shoes don’t make the man. But shoes reflect a person’s personality. And we don’t talk about prejudices and popular psychology. We talk about in-depth research. The University of Kansas study has shown that we can judge a person by their shoes. The participants were shown photos of individuals wearing different kinds of shoes and were asked to guess their age, gender, income, social status, political views, personality, etc. The result was shocking. About 90% of respondents gave the correct answer!
We assume you are now wondering what someone thinks of you based on the footwear you wear. If you want to find out, check the article below and see if we’ve guessed your personality right!
- High Heeled Boots: In the event of a crisis, the person who loves to wear high-heeled boots will always be the one to take control of the situation. They’re quick on their feet and able to make clear, rational decisions. This woman is exceptionally self-assured, so people around her feel instantly safer in her hands. The high-heeled boot is a take-charge kind of person. She loves being center stage and is very assertive.
- Running Shoes: If you’re someone who enjoys fitness challenges, takes your New Year’s resolutions to heart, and has been known to go the extra mile with a label maker, we bet you prefer running shoes. This is someone who’s very confident, very goal-oriented, and very organized. You really illustrate the idea of multitasking, taking care of everything, and being everywhere. We always think of moms when we picture running shoes.
- Clogs: Would your friends describe you as down to earth? Are you happiest on a hike or watching the sunrise? If so, it’s obvious that you’re the clog type. The clog type has an open spirit and is very outdoorsy. They love nature and the whole regenerative effect of being outdoors. A lot of nurses, healthcare professionals, chefs, and people that work in kitchens wear clogs. We don’t think that’s an accident, because these people have very nurturing, generous, and loving spirits.
- Flats: If you’re someone who always turns to flats, we know that you work your butt off behind the scenes to ensure there’s always a perfectly finished product. And the best part is, that you’re so humble that you don’t require any attention or recognition for your efforts. The flat wearer is focused, very modest, and generous. They’re often the women doing all the work in the world. They’re the ones behind the scenes making the engine run.
- Stilettos: Women who wear flashy stilettos may seem materialistic, but these women are incredibly hardworking. They have a major drive, determination, and a standout work ethic. This is someone who says, ‘yes’ before she says ‘no.’ She’s very willing and very open to possibilities. She also really loves and values beauty, so she surrounds herself with beauty, whether it be in things, people, or how she lives. It doesn’t always have to be expensive; it just has to be pleasing to the eye. You walk in and go, ‘oh what a lovely room’ or ‘this is so inviting.’ She has a knack for being able to create an aesthetically pleasing space.
- Work-boots: People who love wearing work boots love to plan. Rather than living impulsively, they’re very analytical in their approach to life and prefer to have a strategy. This way, they are always prepared for what comes next and never have to worry about unforeseen obstacles. The work boot wearer is grounded, very practical, and always has a plan. This person never moves without a plan and is always thinking two or three steps ahead.
- Flip-flops: As you may have guessed, this person is very chilled out and easy to be around. They’re happy to go with the flow and see where life takes them. Rather than succumb to societal pressures, they’d rather follow their bliss and do what makes them happy, whatever that may be. The flip-flop person is ready for anything, very easy-going, and unconventional. They’re someone who is spontaneous and willing to go with whatever is happening at the moment, without regard to the ‘appropriate thing’, the norm, or what’s expected of them.
Sneakers: Are you someone who relates to people much younger than you, yet also feels comfortable conversing with someone much older? Sometimes you’re an old soul, and sometimes you’re the life of the party. For sneaker buffs, age truly is but a number, because you get along with everyone. The sneaker is very versatile—a very open person willing to explore a lot of options and different ideas. They’re energetic and ageless; they’re not young or old. They seem to move fluidly through age-specific groups.
- Wedges: Much like Kate Middleton (a die-hard wedge woman), you’re someone who always knows how to carry yourself. You’re graceful, assured, and always have a strong presence. There’s something inviting and warm about you that draws people to your company. The wedge type is willful, has a strong sense of self, and is very outgoing.
- Pumps: Be honest, pump fan, you’re a total “girl boss” and you know it. You’re competitive, resolute, and intimidating to those who can’t keep up with your pace. This is said to be the most mature of all the shoes. You are someone who’s caring, efficient, and powerful. You are usually in a leadership role. When everything is falling around you, everyone will turn to the ‘pump’ woman and say, ‘What now?’ and then the pump will step in and kick ass and take care of business as usual. We all need a pump woman to ensure a job gets done properly.
- Loafers: You could be described as a meticulous, perfectionist, and steadfast. When there’s a task at hand, you make sure it’s done to the highest possible standard. Whether in relationships or at your job, you give everything your all. The loafer’s type is very responsible, very detail-driven, and quite the person who manages all the details. They’re completely unshakable. They’re the true blue—the true friend, the true employee. With the loafer, what you see is what you get. They are on the job, whether it’s being a friend or in the workplace.
- Mules: Mule wearers love to tell a funny story to a large group of their friends. They’re someone who will bravely stand to give a toast, and they’re an excellent public speaker. This person is very confident, very social, and just adores being the center of attention in some way. Let’s face it, if you look down and you’re wearing mules, you know you can’t get enough of the limelight!